Uninspired People Need Not Apply
We’ll do our part to keep things interesting with: a competitive salary, full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401(k) match, a laptop, iPhone, summer Fridays, generous paid time off, free parking, and a dog-friendly office. If that’s not enough, we’ve also got a fully-stocked beer fridge.
We’re always looking for talented people. If you don’t see a current opening that fits, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Visual DesignerDesign plays an important role in everything we touch – from strategy, process and systems to art, motion and user experiences. It fundamentally enhances the work we put out into the world and leads to more enduring brand interactions.As a Senior Visual Designer for BarkleyREI, you will employ skill and knowledge in the craft of Design across the digital space to create experiences that are distinctive and memorable. You will be called upon to push the boundaries of typography, color, pattern, imagery, and technology in the service of great ideas, while upholding accessibility and usability. You’ll think in terms of need, purpose, and systems before executions.You’re empathetic, dangerously curious, and you thrive in a collaborative team environment.The ideal candidate exhibits a discerning eye and impeccable design sensibilities. They understand the specific business case and strategy for every project, and appreciate the value of balancing business need with user need. They are well versed in the principles of Responsive Design and understand that effective and memorable digital experiences occur at the intersection of Visual Design, User Experience, and Content Strategy.
- Work alongside a multi-disciplinary team Information Architects, UX Designers, Content Managers, Content Strategists, Copywriters & Visual Designers in addition to Client Service, Project Management, Development and Digital Marketing teams to create purposeful digital experiences for our clients.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, and technical requirements into solutions that are visually enticing, intuitively usable, and emotionally engaging.
- Support the design of multiple projects in multiple styles simultaneously.
- Work autonomously, as part of a team, and provide mentorship to junior designers as necessary.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for time management, organization, and communication.
- Generate clear ideas, explore conceptual directions, and execute high quality visual project solutions from beginning to end.
- Present the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find, while adhering to accessibility standards.
- Support the Associate Design Director on visual design across projects by providing clear direction to junior visual designers and freelance resources when necessary.
- Oversee and support the creation of documentation, reference materials, and necessary artifacts to guide internal development teams.
- Clearly and effectively present recommendations to clients both in-person and remote as necessary.
- Mentor junior members of the Experience Design Team as necessary.
- Maintain a current understanding of the latest industry, technology, and design trends.
- Minimum of eight to ten years of professional experience.
- Relevant education and experience in the design field.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, communication skills, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to various stakeholders internally and externally..Extremely outgoing, personable, and positive attitude toward colleagues and clients. Attitude is everything.
- Strong working knowledge of Atomic Design methodology and creating comprehensive Digital Design Systems and style guides.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of Responsive Web Design, various frameworks, content management systems, and the technical constraints associated with each.
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills.
- Experience designing accessible products that uphold WCAG standards.
- Ability to pivot quickly from high level strategic thinking to tactical execution.
- Driven to learn new skills, share knowledge and support other teammates.
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite, and other relevant design tools.
- Working understanding of HTML5 and CSS3Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of digital design, and how you have successfully implemented it for clients. Demonstrating the approach, processes, and methodology that led to the final output.
- Experience Design Thinking Methodology
- Experience working with with Higher Education Clients
Barkley’s Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- We believe being radically diverse and inclusive is the key to becoming one of the world’s great creative idea companies. By embracing everything that makes our partners who they are and what makes them unique to the world around them, we create the conditions and capacity to help creative, original thinking thrive.
- Barkley is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging as part of our corporate strategic goals, supported by a formal DEI+B program, Employee Resource Groups, Director of Diversity leadership and agency commitment to The Brand Lab.
BarkleyREI has an immediate opening for a Project Manager. Our project managers play a critical role in managing a range of challenging digital projects. They ensure that our team members are working together to produce great solutions that clients love.
We are looking for a positive, proactive candidate with a sincere interest in building a career in the digital space who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment.
The Project Manager will report to a Director of Project Management. He / she will be expected to effectively manage cross-disciplinary teams to ensure that quality solutions are delivered on time and on budget.
- Work with Client Services to scope and estimate projects
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans so that milestones are completed on time
- Understand the project lifecycle as it progresses through departments and phases; ensure that all partners understand goals, scope, and timing
- Manage risks and raise issues/concerns to stakeholders
- Participate in planning meetings and provide ideas for better, more cost-effective solutions
- Review deliverables for adherence to project goals, and requirements
- Manage change orders, relevant documentation, meeting minutes, etc., in support of delivery
- Log issues for resolution and track through to completion
- Contribute to organization-wide production schedule for creative and technical resources
- Help to eliminate bottlenecks to maintain steady flow of billable work
- Work with internal partners to resolve scheduling conflicts
- Provide ideas for optimizing the production workflow
- 2-4+ years working with and managing complex digital projects
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple interactive projects
- Understanding of full spectrum of web development process: from strategy, UX, design, content, coding and marketing, etc.
- Solid understanding and command of a variety of project management tools
- Interest in a digital-oriented career
- Ability to respond with a positive attitude under pressure
- Commitment to solving complex problems
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Interactive agency experience will be viewed favorably, but is not required
- Solid knowledge of analytics and SEO best practices will be viewed favorably, but is not required
- CMS experience will be viewed favorably, but is not required
Associate Creative Director (Copy)
Good copy clearly communicates a message, but great copy brings brand interactions to life through storytelling. If you’re the latter and love coming up with great ideas, you’re in the right place.
As an ACD, you will demonstrate your craft across the digital space to create web experiences that are distinctive and memorable. We like our writers to be able to write clever headlines and sharp copy, so you’ll want to show us some of that too.
The ideal candidate is passionate about writing for all types of digital media, specifically for the web. They understand the specific business case and strategy for every project, with an appreciation for the client’s business and industry.
If reading this triggers your writing hand to twitch with excitement, you might be the person we’re looking for.
Ready, Willing and Equipped to:
- Be based in our Pittsburgh office. (Post-Covid)
- Work alongside a diverse team
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Lead multiple projects with passion, vision and maturity
- Present to clients and sell work
- Build relationships internally and with clients
- Make amazing work (both as a leader and a doer)
- Creative work is outstanding and on strategy
- Work is on target, on time, and within budget
- Account management morale on account is positive, as it relates to the creative relationship
- Client and agency management express confidence in leadership abilities
- Wise, responsible decision making ability
- Client satisfaction ratings are high
- Please submit your resume, and a portfolio of work that demonstrates your versatility and expertise. (Including your Approach, Methodology & Processes)