Uninspired People Need Not Apply
We’ll do our part to keep things interesting with: a competitive salary, full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401(k) match, a laptop, iPhone, summer Fridays, generous paid time off, free parking, and a dog-friendly office. If that’s not enough, we’ve also got a fully-stocked beer fridge.
We’re always looking for talented people. If you don’t see a current opening that fits, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visual DesignerDesign plays an important role in everything we touch – from strategy, process and systems to art, motion and experiences. It fundamentally enhances the work we put out into the world and leads to more enduring brand interactions.As a Visual Designer for BarkleyREI, you will employ skill and knowledge in the craft of Design across the digital space to create experiences that are distinctive and memorable. You will be called upon to push the boundaries of typography, color, pattern, imagery and technology to disrupt the visual landscape in the service of great ideas, while upholding accessibility and usability. You’ll think in terms of systems before executions.The ideal candidate exhibits a discerning eye and impeccable design sensibilities. They understand the specific business case and strategy for every project, and appreciate the value of balancing business need with user need. They are well versed in the principles of Responsive Design and understand that effective and memorable digital experiences occur at the intersection of Visual Design, User Experience, and Content Strategy.
- Work alongside UX Architects, UX Designers, Content Managers, Copywriters & Visual Designers in addition to Client Service, Development and Digital Marketing teams to create purposeful digital experiences for our clients.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, and technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Design multiple projects in multiple design styles.
- Ability to work autonomously, and as part of a team.
- Follow design direction, provide and receive constructive criticism.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for time management, organization, and communication.
- Accept design direction and welcome constructive criticism.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Present the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Maintain an understanding of the latest industry and design trends.
- A minimum of four years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in the design field.
- Extremely outgoing, personable, and positive attitude toward colleagues and clients.
- Solid Understanding of Responsive Web Design, and various frameworks.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, communication, & presentation skills.
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills.
- Ability to own projects from concept through completion.
- Strong will to learn new skills, and mentor other teammates.
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs to customers.
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite, and other relevant design tools.
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of digital design, and how you have successfully implemented it for clients. (Approach, Methodology & Processes)
Bonus Points w/ Experience in the following:
- Digital Design Systems
- Designing for Accessibility (WCAG)
- Human Centered Design & Design Thinking Methodology
- Higher Education Clients
SEM / Paid Search Supervisor
Join the Team at BarkleyREI
The SEM Supervisor is the agency thought leader for SEM and will focus on implementing SEM best practices and developing the agency’s capabilities for new and existing clients. In addition to overseeing search practices, the SEM supervisor oversees adoption of Google ads capabilities including YouTube and Display, leading our strategic position as a Google Premier Partner.
- Be an agency expert for both paid and natural search strategies and principals.
- Coordinate with Digital Marketing team to strategically plan SEM strategies to ensure seamless integration across search-oriented platforms including Google, Bing, YouTube, Pinterest and others.
- Coordinate with Strategists and Specialists on all client deliverables, ensuring they demonstrate best practices and are in line with client goals, objectives and expectations.
- Source and manage relationships with Google and other platform partners to support and develop opportunities.
- Recommend, implement and oversee SEM management platform.
- Provide strategic innovation by proposing new ways to help the agency stay ahead of the curve in the SEM space.
- SEM campaign performance data, extract insights, and provide recommendations to adjust strategies and implement new initiatives.
- Develop analysis and implement findings to increase performance of SEM tactics.
- Staying on the cutting edge with emerging trends and educating clients and team members.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by writing agency POV’s.
- Educate departments within the agency about the SEM space to create integration across the agency, influencing overall site and business strategies.
- Share key learnings from successful campaigns with agency and client teams.
- 5+ years of SEM experience required.
- Ad agency experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in client-facing roles.
- Google Ads expertise required.
- Strong communication skills, excellent writing and presentation skills a must.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Proven ability to educate, train, persuade.